Monday, August 17, 2009

Cherished Friends

I think all moms who home school are super heroes. I'm convinced that my friend Deona has secret super powers. I know that she can fly. I've seen it with my own eyes. The way she nurtures her children, honors her husband and manages the affairs of her household warm my heart. Her husband's heart can safely trust her because she gets it. She understands that her most important ministry is to her husband, her children and her Lord. I'm so thankful for her example. When we connected not only did God bless me with a cherished friend, He also gave our children built in friendships. And if this entry is not already too good to be true I must add to this infomercial for the Beasley family, "but wait there's more..." God also knit our husband's into this lovely fabric of friendship. They sharpen each other as iron sharpens iron. On a recent trip to visit them I had the pleasure of photographing their beautiful family. I wanted to share these candid shots as a reminder that marriage is still God's plan. Family is His divine design and despite how many people exchange God's truth for Satan's lies, God's purposes will prevail.
Chris is a accomplished author and associate pastor at Restoration House Family Worship Center in Hopkinsville, KY. For more information on his book, "I am a man of God: A Warriors Creed 30 Day Devotional" you can visit his website listed below.