Thursday, October 1, 2009

In her own words...


"When people find out that I am Tiarra’s mother their first response is “ You don’t look old enough to have a daughter that old.” Well the youthful genes run through the bloodline. But truth be told I’m not “old enough” to have a senior (tear) in high school. My crown of jewels was given to me at the early age of 15. Scared out of my mind, I didn’t know how my future would unfold, but one thing I did know is that I did not want to let the statistics of society determine my destiny any further. Glory be to the one and only God, He saw us through. I graduated from high school on time in the top 5% of my class, honors, an academic scholarship, a 4-year full athletic scholarship and more determination and praises to my heavenly Father above. But it didn’t stop there; I completed college in 4 ½ years while playing basketball and landed a pretty decent job. My daughter is an accomplished track and basketball star as well as an honor student in the top 2% of her class! Though it hasn’t been easy I give the glory to God for protecting and blessing us; For walking with us through the peaks and the valleys; the poor choices and the blessed choices. Because if it was not for His grace and mercy we would have been just another statistic."