Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An "Expected" End



My friend Dasha recently moved to Iceland. Both she and her husband are incredible basketball players. At the end of this session I asked, "Do you think your baby girl will play basketball?" Dasha laughed and said, "it's pretty much in her DNA." That's what sparked me to grab a basketball. Although the b-ball pics were a hind thought, they happen to be my favorite shots. They tell a major part of Sy and Dasha's story.

I'm sure Dasha never dreamed of living in Iceland. It's so comforting to serve a God who knows the end from the beginning. I am 100% certain that Sy and Dasha will be outstanding parents. They both have so much love to give. God really does know the plans He has for their daughter. Whether she plays basketball or golf we can trust that His plans are to prosper her and not to harm her to give her hope and a future.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11